Leading firm based in the Wetherby/Tadcaster area, seeks fully experienced legal secretary to compliment their thriving team. You will join the property department, working alongside some of the top fee earners within the practice. Excellent prospects, development, salary and benefits.
The prime role of the Legal Secretary is to provide direct support to the Fee Earner to enable them to operate efficiently. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below.
MAIN DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Full secretarial support to fee earner as required including preparing correspondence and documents through digital dictation and word processing.
- Administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of clients files.
- Prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- Arrange for all copying to be done, in person if the office assistant is not available to undertake the task.
- Make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up to date diary for the fee earner
- Binding of documents.
- Land Registry searches and submitting applications online, preparing SDLT forms and submit online to HMRC.
- Searches (Local Authority, Environmental, Drainage & Water).
- Tracking change documents.
- Provide support to other secretaries as required.
- Provide guidance to junior and temporary secretaries when required to do so.
- Attend clients both in person (when required) and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the Firm's standards for client care.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all the Firm's and clients documentation and information.
- To provide sickness and other absence cover for other members of the team (as required).
- To contribute as a team member within the department.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- legal secretarial experience preferred but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Fast and accurate audio and copy typing skills.
- Experience of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Experience of Partners for Windows but not essential as training will be provided.
- Good English grammar/spelling, familiarity with legal terminology and numerical skills.
- Excellent communication skills including experience in dealing with a range of clients via telephone and face-to-face; discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads to the required standard and within the required timescales.
- Ability to work effectively within a team as well as independently.
- Ability to work under pressure as and when required (this may involve some flexibility in working hours).
- Proactive and able to use own initiative within guidelines as set by the Directors and fee earner.
- Self-motivation: energy; positivity; can-do attitude.
- Confidentiality and discretion.
- Proactive; willing to use initiative.
- Able to work well independently as well as part of a team.
Hours are full time Monday to Friday.
Salary is negotiable and dependable upon level of experience
Our Ref 41/22
Stephenson Jones Legal aim to respond to all successful applicants within 7 working days