Call Gail Stephenson urgently on -7786 913 492 to discuss
Our client is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Legal Secretary to join their Wills and Probate department based in the York area. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious candidate to develop their career in a growing firm with genuine long-term opportunities for development.
Our client is one of North Yorkshire’s long-established successful practice’s handling various disciplines of law – both contentious and none contentious. This is an ambitious firm with high standards of client care. They offer a speedy and personal service with a down to earth approach.
The Wills and Probate department specialise in numerous transactions including: drafting and creating wills, administration of estates, completing all legalities and tax issues for clients, addressing any outstanding liabilities or debts. This role will provide a high level of support to the Fee Earners and will assist in the provision of an efficient, personal and professional service at all times.
· Preparing correspondence and documents through audio and copy typing as well as amending and formatting complex documents
· Attending clients both in person and over the phone and provide assistance in a professional and friendly manner
· Take messages, book meetings and appointments and maintaining an up to date diary for Fee Earners
· Administering files as well as opening files on case management system and their day to day maintenance – making best use of Proclaim to ensure maximum efficiency
· Providing support to other secretaries and Fee Earners when necessary
· Previous experience working in a similar role, ideally with experience in the area of Probate.
· Experience in audio and copy typing.
· Experience of use of IT systems; digital dictation, case management, MS Word and Outlook
· Ability to work with initiative and minimum supervision.
· ‘Can Do’ and flexible approach and team player.
· Integrity to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.